Re: [TCML] pole pig question

Hi Greg,

what brand of resistor were you using to test your
equipment with? The 3 I tried all arced over to nearly 1/2 the length of the resistor when I used them to do tests.

Scot D'

What tests are you talking about/ I've used resistors like that for over 60 years and never saw such a phenomenon. Although they have some inductance its reactance is negligible compared to the resistance at any frequency I can image. I can imagine that if you charged a capacitor to a sufficiently high voltage and discharged it into the resistor you might get some effect like that but why do it?

Ed