RE: [TCML] TC Newbie

Sorry I just want to say one more thing,Bart if Im still wrong you may admonish me,After all this is how we can even learn from each other.(I still belive potential difference(voltage)must have a direction in order for balance to be restored till there is no more of it)
Gareth
-----Original Message-----
From: "bartb" <bartb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 2008/12/11 05:51
Subject: Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi Gareth,

With a multiple gap or single gap, the "total" gap distance (ignoring
electrode material, geometry, surface, environment details) is what
affects the rate of breakdown at a given voltage. With a 2 gap setup,
both air space on each side of the center electrode become conductive at
the same time when the gap fires. It's not a leap frog affect across the
gap in the way that your describing. Thus, the rate (frequency) of
breakdown for a multiple gap or a single gap can be the same. It'
[truncated by sender]