Re: [TCML] TC Newbie

Hi Gareth,

Any time you remove "losses" (conductors or otherwise), it's always better. I don't think anyone would disagree with you. But realize, most of us don't use bottle caps any longer as we have more practical and superior capacitors available these days. Sure, now and then, someone builds a bottle cap, but most use MMC's these days.

Take care,
Bart

kingsandangels@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
To the list                                          I think that by using less bottles but of larger size,the capacitence is the same but with better performance because there is less length of wire used for each bottle,Less salt water mixture,Less stress for the electricity in terms of the "work" it has to do against many bottles and dielectrics.Therefore the total path traveled by the by electricty is longer and harder in comparison to a much more  effective 6 bottle setup with only 6 wires and one earth rod in the container instead of 50 wires not to mention big coke bottles have plenty breathing space, and on experimental runs I use it for about 20min non stop and no heat is exchanged what so ever.Vinegar further helps for better conductivity therefore better currents and capacitence. Gareth