Re: Moderator requests input on "Wireless Power Transfer"

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

I too enjoy technical topics and abhor the pseudoscience. However, the art of coiling is also of interest to me. A play about Tesla, a museum display or a new Tesla effect are, I feel, valid topics of discussion by Tesla enthusiasts. It's really up to the List and Mods to make this call.

.. and spinners? You will understand your coil better if you can explain why my 14 foot spinner doesn't work with a TC whereas a 4 inch one does. Both work on DC 60kV. No-one had a go at answering that one.

Peter
http://tesladownunder.com

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t@xxxxxxxxx>

I agree completely with Matt, let's keep this list on
the subjects of math, science, physics, engineering,
carpentry, electrical, and even plumbing, when they
are discussed in the context of how to build, operate,
and optimize a coil.

The only exception would be if someone actually "did"
something with their coil and wanted to share their
results, I think that would be OK. We talk about
spinners, though they don't help us build or
understand our coils. And Peter's car anti-theft video
is OT as far as I'm concerned. Heck, we even allowed
that Angel Freak to be discussed............
Adam