Re: My "Sauron" series Tesla effects (was: interesting photo in Aust.)

Original poster: "Peter Terren" <pterren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

OK. In the last 2 months I have done the following:
1 "Eye of Sauron" A 6 foot rotating rod on a TC gives a 12 foot diameter ring of streamers when viewed from above and taken with a 20 second time exposure. Like a huge eye with central pupil. Hugely popular on the Web. I have since done larger ones with up to a 22 foot diameter ring of sparks. 2 "Aura of Sauron" I am standing in a ring of sparks appearing out of thin air. The suspended TC and rod giving the streamers is not visible due to motion blur, but the sparks are. Technically my most difficult and striking effect but not as well received on the Web. Just looks too unreal. 3 "Tesladownunder Car Thief Protection" which is the most popular picture. A TC on a car has a ring of sparks around it like an electric force field. People can relate to this one better. The concept of lightning being used to defend your car being is an attractive one. A humorous video has also just been completed. So far not that popular (15,000 hits in the first week but fading).
All these are on this page.
http://tesladownunder.com/tesla_coil_sparks.htm

In addition, (of little interest to the Web) is the 14 foot radius spinner which did NOT work with a TC but did work with 60kV DC. This needs to be explained as smaller spinners work fine. I would like discussion on this one. Pictures and discussion here:
http://tesladownunder.com/Lifters.htm#Ionic%20spinners

Tesladownunder

Original poster: "Lau, Gary" <Gary.Lau@xxxxxx>

OK, that was cool AND artful.  As to why there hasn't been a greater
buzz on this list - I generally don't click on links unless the poster
takes the trouble to explain what is at the link and why I would want to
see it.  Just posting a URL without words to describe it suggests an
unremarkable outcome.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA