Re: Midieval Tesla Coil?

Original poster: Mddeming@xxxxxxx
Hi Mike,

I thought thw EM Theory thread was officially dead.

Comments interspersed:

In a message dated 3/13/07 11:57:19 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Original poster: Mike <megavolts61@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
     I just perused that site and well, it's been too long since I've
been in college and differential equations to even comment on that
ECE thing, but one thing....It's about unanimous in all the replies
to this that it is pseudoscience at best, but I've not seen anyone
actually show why it is bogus.  I'd certainly like ONE person to show
why.

    You're asking for a lot of work, and the catch is that a thorough
refutation would require hours to put together and would  depend on
the same level of math to follow it.
     About 20 years ago, I did a paper at work conclusively refuting
fallicies in a particular design proposal. After submitting it, I found
that the manager was incapable of following any math beyond H.S.
and thus could not see that I had disproved it.
I vowed never again (Matt 7:6)
  If I recall correctly,  one of Tesla's professors suggested he
not waste time and effort in that 'impossible' rotating magnetic
field.....simply because he did not understand it.  I'm not saying
this ECE theory is worth a hill of beans, but I will not badmouth the
fellow without being able to show why I don't agree with it.

    If you can't accept the consensus of 3 or more scientists, then get
out the old calculus, "diffi-Q" and EM books and take a refresher and
you'll be able to prove it to yourself.
It's
guys like Tesla who think outside the box where any new innovations
in science comes from.  Just because I can't folllow a person's line
of thinking,  I won't sit and berate that person.
Mike

Not every crackpot is another Tesla.
Google the list archives for "pseudoscience", wacko,  or  "crap".

Matt D.

Hi Ed,
     Asimov said, "Really good science fiction must be both good
science and good fiction"
   Unlike the "Einstein Cartan Evans grand unified field theory",
which is neither,
Glitch is great humorous fiction,

Matt D.

AOL now offers free email to everyone. Find out more about what's free from AOL at <http://www.aol.com?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000339>AOL.com.