Re: MIT wireless energy transfer etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 16:02:37 +0100
From: Chris Swinson <list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer etc. (fwd)

Yes have seen Tesla's work on those, can be done easy enough.

> Tesla also used a series of four concatenated tuned circuits for the
> wireless transmission of energy by electromagnetic induction.  This work
> started at 35 South 5th Ave., and was subsequently adopted for lighting
> purposes at the 46 Houston St. laboratory. [NIKOLA TESLA  GUIDED WEAPONS &
> COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY, Anderson, L.I., Ed., Twenty First Century Books,
> Breckenridge, 1998, p. 62.]  Tesla also used the induction energy
> transmission method at Colorado Springs in order to test its efficacy as
> compared with the "disturbed charge of ground and air method."  In this
> case
> the induction transmitter contained three of the tuned circuits, and the
> receiver was a single tuned circuit comprised of a one-turn inductance and
> capacitor.

Will get that book and have a look, I think what I have done is 3 tune
circuit, though the receiver part does not sound right.

>     "This [shown in Fig. 59] is transmission of energy by induction.  Here
> is a tuned circuit, you see, out in the field with three incandescent
> lamps
> and a condenser.  The energy is transmitted inductively, from the
> oscillator.  In this case, I have the primary supply circuit, the
> energizing
> condenser circuit, the primary inducing circuit, and the secondary in the
> field as in the fourth circuit, all tuned -- four circuits in resonance."
> [NIKOLA TESLA ON HIS WORK WITH ALTERNATING CURRENTS . . . , pp. 93-94.]
> ".
> . . it is found that with the above circuits and under such conditions
> about
> 1 mile communications should be possible.  With circuits 1000 meters
> square,
> about 30 miles.  From this, the inferiority of the induction method would
> appear to be immense as compared with disturbed charge of ground and air
> method." [NIKOLA TESLA  COLORADO SPRINGS NOTES  1899-1900, p. 29.]

Will have to think about this, I have what I think to be induction
transmission, but the receiver still has to be in tune. Though saying that
you can pass current between 2 toroids untuned but not as efficient.

chris