RE: MIT wireless energy transfer etc. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:11:52 -0500
From: David Thomson <dwt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Tesla list' <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: MIT wireless energy transfer etc. (fwd)

Hi Gary,

> . . it is found that with the above circuits and under such
conditions about
> 1 mile communications should be possible.  With circuits 1000 meters
square,
> about 30 miles.  From this, the inferiority of the induction method
would
> appear to be immense as compared with disturbed charge of ground and
air
> method." [NIKOLA TESLA  COLORADO SPRINGS NOTES  1899-1900, p. 29.]

Thanks for finding this jewel of a quote.  That pretty much provides
the solid evidence that Tesla was using longitudinal waves within a
charged environment for his wireless power transmission system.  Good
work.

>From this we can see the importance of the third coil acting as a
capacitor.  The capacitance is needed to transfer energy from the
inductive/capacitance resonance of the primary/secondary coils to a
pure E field resonance in the third coil.  The E field resonance
"disturbs the charge of ground and air."

Dave

David W. Thomson
Quantum AetherDynamics Institute