Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by Science News ... (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 18:12:52 -0600
From: Gary Peterson <g.peterson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Tesla list <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: MIT wireless energy transfer 'breakthrough' now vaunted by
    Science News ... (fwd)

> Does anyone know of a source of pictures of Tesla's New York lab
> demonstrations of "wireless power" with lamps lit at the output of coils?

See NIKOLA TESLA  GUIDED WEAPONS & COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY, Leland I. Anderson,
Twenty First Century Books, 1998, p. 16, Fig 10 shows "the lighting up of an
ordinary incandescent lamp, at a distance, through the influence of
electrified ether-waves."  Fig. 9 on the same page shows "play of sparks
between condensrer plates, produced by electric charge.  The coil, standing
in the center of a large room, is unconnected with the energizing circuit."
[ http://www.tfcbooks.com/mall/more/337ntgw.htm ]  See also the article
"Some Experiments in Tesla's Laboratory With Currents of High Potential and
High Frequency," Electrical Review - N. Y., March 29, 1899, pp. 195-197,
204.

> . . . is there any place to find a description of what he was using to
> create the magnetic fields to which the coils were coupled?

The text and accompanying drawings of Tesla's lecture "High Frequency
Oscillators for Electro-therapeutic and Other Purposes," Electrical
Engineer, November 17, 1898  http://www.tfcbooks.com/tesla/1898-11-17.htm
explain and show exactly how he did it.  See in particular fig. 7 (
http://www.tfcbooks.com/images/articles/1898-11-17/figs_5678.gif ) .