GIANT(!) TCML archive text file.

Hi,

I put all the TCML posts since mid 1999 into a single giant text file. Every single post right up to a few days ago. It is a 185 Meg pure text file. Notepad in Windows XP will open it given a few minutes. You need lots of RAM and a fairly fast PC... I tried a few word processors and they choked out... I am running 3GHz 1G RAM with no paging file in XP. Windows Notepad (XP) seem to do the best. Perhaps there is a program that searches giant text files out there too. The little 400MHz lap top with like 150M of ram is trying to load it With FireFox but it looks like it will take on hour if it does not die first.

The "@"s have all been removed to foil spammers incase one gets hold of it.

Once the monster is loaded, one can easily search out text in it. The first use of "OLTC" was on Sat, 20 Jul 2002 15:33:24 -0600. The first use od "DRSSTC" was on Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 18:02:28 -0700. Those searches took less then a second.

I put in on rapid share since they have 45 Gigabit/s 360 Terabytes disk space. :O

<http://rapidshare.de/files/19548528/TCML99-06a.zip.html>http://rapidshare.de/files/19548528/TCML99-06a.zip.html

Scroll down to the lower right where it says "Free" and click on it.

It makes you wait about 45 seconds then the download screen pops up. Ignore any adds.

Type in the three funny letters used to fight off robots and hit download.

Select "save to disk" and "ok". RapidShare is pretty cool for distributing this stuff. I assume they will mess it all up and charge for it one it catches on...

Once downloaded, the file can be unzipped with WinZip. The file is password protected and the password is "nikola".

It is a 44.1MB download and unzips to 185MB. I downloaded and checked the file to be sure it is ok.

Probably not much use without a special search program. I have fiddled with this one some and it is not too bad:

http://www.sadmansoftware.com/search/index.html

Not too good either :o)) But if you play with it, it does do some cute things. Maybe some computer program text editor that can do 4,250,000 line (Microsoft) computer programs ;-))

Of course, you could just print it all out :O))

Cheers,

        Terry