From: <mailto:kchdlh@xxxxxxx>K. C. Herrick
To: <mailto:Michael.Tucknott@xxxxxxxxxx>Michael.Tucknott@xxxxxxxxxx ; <mailto:Brian@xxxxxxxxxx>Brian@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, July 16, 2006 10:16 PM
Subject: Tesla magnifiers

Greetings-

I came across your Web pages, particularly the one on your "New BMM3 Magnifier coil". I've been working on a new s.s.t.c., conventionally doubly-resonant, but have begun to feel that a "magnifier" scheme would be better for me. Currently I have 2 secondaries available from my previous s.s.t.c., both 12" diameter, resonating at 100 & 130 KHz, and also a mains-driven H-bridge--plus drivers, timing, etc.--using IGBT "bricks", checked out & ready to go.

The "magnifier" I have in mind would not be resonant, being merely a matching transformer between the H-bridge and the bottom of the secondary. Feedback to initiate & sustain oscillation would be taken from the (resonant) secondary, either via a 1-turn pickup coil or perhaps from the ground-return of the matching-transformer's secondary. Thus I would end up with a singly-resonant system, as I had before.

How did your BMM3 work out? The photos look good! Any suggestions along this line would be appreciated. And I'll be happy to provide more details of what I'm building.

Thanks,

Ken Herrick
Oakland, CA USA