Re: Tesla Coil RF Transmitter

Hi Miles,

Most early radios were basically Tesla coils. At say 200kHz, the 1/4 wavelength is 1230 feet. If you put a 1230 foot antenna on your Tesla coil, it will transmit. Although real transmitters are far better matched to the 50 ohm antenna load... But the key is our coils have very poor transmitting properties due to being so small compared to the length of antenna needed for our frequencies of operation.

Cheers,

        Terry