Running the TC for the First Time

Original poster: "Medina, Benjamin (UMR-Student)" <bamxbb@xxxxxxx>

Hello folks. Hope everything is going well. I have a question for you
folks out there.

Somewhere I read that when doing the first trial of your TC, you had to
be very careful since you had to ensure that everything was in sync, or
at resonance, if not you could possible end up destroying your
components. How true it this? Does anyone have any input on this?

We are trying to run our TC for the first time the week of Monday
3/21/05 - Friday 3/25/05, with no topload (toroid). This obviously will
affect the length of the sparks we get b/c the whole purpose of the
toroid is to allow the voltage to build up before breakout. Any
recommendations? How should the setup on the top of the secondary be
like? Or should I use a toroid with the right dimensions (inner and
outer diameter) which was calculated from the Win Tesla Software?

Your comments, corrections, and replies will all be appreciated. Thanks
again.

Cheerz,

Ben Medina
Rolla, MO.