Re: Eupec IGBT's

Original poster: =?iso-8859-1?Q?"Dieter_Böckeler"?= <Dieter.Boeckeler@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi all,
eupec is an german manufactor for power semiconductors (IGBT´s/thyristors)
The BSM300GB120DLC (IGBT Modul 300A/1200V) is also available for 1700V peak voltage.
Eupec manufactures IGBT´s up to 7000V.(expensive)
We use the FD600R17KOF Modul(single fast IGBT 600A/1700V)in our company,but they´re also expensive.We use this Modul in our DC-Switch Supply for plasma-harden manufactors.
800V rectified will be switched by this DC-Switch with a frequency of 2 or 10kHz.
(rms current of 320A).For plasma harden there is a kind of corona in pure hydrogen gas
necessary.(a kind of nitrous harden)
I wonder if this DC-Switches will go up to coil frequencies for direct prim.use.
With 10kHz the small IGBT(BSM400)for short circuit will make a lot of swith losses (at320A)
so we decided to drive two or three DC-Switches in parallel for higher current at 10kHz)
best regards
Alex