Re: SSTC does 10 foot sparks

Original poster: tesla-at-lists.symmetric-dot-net

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Tesla list wrote:

 > Original poster: "David Rieben" <drieben-at-midsouth.rr-dot-com>

[cut]

 > BTW, are these 10 ft streamers as loud as equivalent 10
 > ft streamers from a pig driven coil pulling around 7 to 8
 > kVA? I figure that they probably aren't just because the
 > absence of a SG if for no other reason.

I haven't seen this gapless coil, but I've noticed that the gap in a well
tuned coil is actually pretty quiet compated to the arcs themselves. I can
tell if my coil is tuned by listening to the gap. If it's loud, it's not
in tune. When my gap just buzzes, and the noise shifts to the arcs from
the secondary (which are obnoxiously loud) things are well.

KEN