TVSS

Original poster: Yurtle Turtle <yurtle_t-at-yahoo-dot-com>

I came across a salvaged Clipper Power System Series
IV Transient Voltage Surge Supressor (TVSS) by Cutler
Hammer. Its model number is CPSS3208YPBT, which a .pdf
tells me means is rated at 200 kA, 3 phase 4 wire 208
Y, etc. It was installed on a panelboard, and was
meant to protect sensitive electronics from surges.

Would this thing be of any use hooked up to my pig LV
side, to keep nasty transients from going back to my
controller and beyond? I assue it's not really
designed for RF, so should I place it before or after
my filters? In the real world, it's usually installed
as close to the main breaker as possible, which is why
I'm thinking of tying it diredtly to my pig LV lugs.

thanks
Adam