Re: gdt

Original poster: Jan Wagner <jwagner-at-cc.hut.fi>

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004, Tesla list wrote:
 > Could someone tell me the best way to wind a GDT with a turns ratio of 1:2:2
 > and still maintain good coupling between primary and secondary. Also, what
 > seems to be a good number of turns.

Use two primaries, 1:1:2:2, first primary along the first half of the
secondaries, second primary along the last half of the secondaries, then
wire the primaries in parallel. Make sure that pri lenghts, e.g. number of
turns, match, before paralleling.
Good # of turns depends on the core size and ferrite material. Big core,
maybe 15 turns for the pri. If you know all specs, you could calculate the
minimum # of turns. But, experimentation might be simpler...

cheers,
  - Jan

--
  Helsinki University of Technology
  Dept. of Electrical and Communications Engineering