Re: Phase adjustment on Teletype motor?

Original poster: FutureT-at-aol-dot-com

In a message dated 2/23/04 1:16:16 PM Eastern Standard Time,
tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

John,

One of the rotary gaps at my website uses a 1/20HP Teletype motor
with cap below the frame.  I used about a 50uF cap if I remember
correctly, which is a little larger than it should be.  I get about a
10V resonant rise across the motor.  This is the rotary which has
a G10 rotor with two spinning copper electrodes.  You may need
to click through some of my webpages to find it.  You can observe
your rotor under fluorescent light to see if the phase is shifting.

   <http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html>http://hometown.aol-dot-com/futuret/page3.html

Cheers,
John