Re: Quick and dirty dual MOT system...

Original poster: Brett Miller <brmtesla2-at-yahoo-dot-com>

Finn,

Thank you...I actually have some tungsten rods left
over from another project.  I think this setup will be
great for negating some of the intimidation my friends
are feeling about their first TC projects.  I have
already talked a lot about the dangerous currents
involved in using MOT's and will make sure they are
familiar with safety procedures.

I really like that tungsten static gap.  It would
probably be great with magnetic quenching.  That's one
thing I would like to use a "test stand" coil like
that for...prototyping my own magnetically quenched
static gap...as well as other components.  It would be
useful for scoping waveforms of various conditions as
well.

Thanks again.  I remember now, a couple years ago you
posted a picture showing that very same coil blasting
its own MMC with a respectably hot power arc.  No
damage.  I liked that test and still have that picture
on my hard drive.  I don't think you mentioned that
you were using a MOT based tank in that test.  Very
fun stuff.

-Brett

 > Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>
 >
 > Brett,
 >
 > In that case, you`ve come to the right coil!
 > http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/streamers.jpg
 > All components are conventional. I`l list what I use
 > to use.

<SNIP>