Re: Quick and dirty dual MOT system...

Original poster: Finn Hammer <f-h-at-c.dk>

Brett,

In that case, you`ve come to the right coil!
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/streamers.jpg
All components are conventional. I`l list what I use to use.
Secondary 4" by 16-18" 600-1200 turns.
Topload minor Dia. 4" major dia. 16"
The cap shown will last for 15 minutes, go to 27 caps, and it lasts forever.

The gap that I used was made from 5/16 (8mm) tungsten, mounted in 7/8"
by 3/8" copper stock.
It was not blown or cooled, and after 20sec. run time, it got so hot
that it decreased the performance.
http://home5.inet.tele.dk/f-hammer/cheapcoil.jpg

Today, I recommend that you mount these copper bars on to cooling finns
from an SS amplifier, and round the ends that form the spark gap, well.
Souch a gap will last forever, run cool and give superiour performance.

The streamer length was about 20"

You need to ballast the MOT`s, I have some gapped inductors, 60mH that
pass about 8 amps, but you could use that roll of installation wire
everybody seems to use these days.

Hope this helps,

Cheers, Finn Hammer