Re: Aluminum tape problems?

Original poster: Fucian@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 12/15/2004 1:42:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, tesla@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
Hi, i have noticed some problems with my alumium tape covered toroids,
theres slight arcings beween the peices of tape when I draw an arc off the
toroid, opon checking with my DMM, many peices of tape are open circuit to
nearby peices of tape, I assume the glue is acting like an insulator and
was wondering what exactly I could do short of compleatly redoing it? I was
thinking mabey a thin copper wire wraped around the outside or inside and
covered in foil tape (and carfuly slit the edge of each foil tape I add,
bend it under, and then overlap that with my next peice to make sure the
additional tape is conductive)
or should i just do a thin copper ring around the outside without any tape
and just let friction hold it there or say 4 small peices of tape

This was my experince as well. So i just got the Al ducting and used the tape JUST to keep the 2 ends together...I wouldnt use the tape for anything else...

Matt