Re: new coil

Original poster: hue jass <chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello. I am going to get my secondary rewound today, so hopefully I will have sparks flying soon. My resonant cap is a stack of party cups with aluminum foil between every two cups. often times i get flashover and it makes a weird noise when i turnit on, so i want to trash it for a better cap. I am thinking of buying 13 .013 uF 1600 VDC caps from <http://www.digikey.com>www.digikey.com and putting them in series for a total capacitance of .01 uF 20.8 KVDC. Would this work for my NST or should i consider a different capacitance?

Thanks

Blake

<mailto:Chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx>Chesscactuar@xxxxxxxxx