Re: The 1500t secondary myth

Original poster: jdwarshui@xxxxxxxxx

Looking for ideal impedance characteristics is a fine thing to do,
however?.
The impedance formula found in text books are derived on the basis of
lumped analysis.
Now if we are applying these formulae to Resonant transformers we are
pre supposing that resonant transformers are also lumped. If resonant
transformers were lumped then it would not be possible for nodes to
form along the length of an inductor as this implies a non uniform
current, an immediate violation of the lumped assumption. One can then
conclude that the classic impedance formula (as is) is incomplete when
applied to Tesla coils as it lacks spatial components.