Re: The 1500t secondary myth (long)

Original poster: "Mark Broker" <mbroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Length issues aside.... Marc Metlicka made a TC with 3000 secondary turns. I have no clue what the Zo is for this Tc is, but, as I recall, it vastly outperformed the "John Freau Efficiency Equation." I also recall he was using a 33kV PT as a power source and that some thought the unusually high primary voltage could have been a player in the extraordinary performance. There are figures and measurements in the pupman archives for this beast - he called it the 3k coil.

Interesting theory!

Mark Broker
Chief Engineer, The Geek Group

Hence I think there is fairly good evidence for my theory. If anyone knows
of any good coils with Zo greatly different from 36k, please let us know.