RE: New to tesla coils

Original poster: "Dwight Harm" <dwighth-at-traxsoft-dot-com>

Sean,
I've seen 15K/30ma xfrms sell for anywhere from $11.50 to $103 on ebay!
Typical is $30-40. If you can get it under $30, that's a good deal.
Shipping will often add $15-25 as these are HEAVY.  If you want to save
some, go for a 12K/30ma; or start searching neon sign shops for bargains.
(With perserverance, I got a 12/30 on ebay for $11 + $5 s/h!) I'm actually
running a MOT-powered coil (free Microwave Oven Transformers), & my total
cost was about $100.  BTW, I'm using beer-bottle caps, which cost about $15
for the bottles, wire, and oil (I already had buckets and salt); and static
gap.

Dwight.