Lotza HV/ Tesla stuff for SALE!

Original poster: Tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Hey guys,

After several years of coiling, I am regretably going to have to give up this
hobby, at least for the time being, mainly due to lack of workable space
and partially due to the need of the funds for other priority needs/wants.
However, my loss can be your gain and therefore, I have a decent cache
of HV/Tesla related stuff that will be looking for a good home. Below is
a list of the items that I will be selling:

VARIACS:

2 - stacked/paralleled 1256D Powerstats w/knob and bal. choke (280 volt/
56 amp)- currently in my Tesla control panel. (about 140 lbs. total wgt.)
2 -146U Powerstats - one has a broken front terminal plate. (140 volt/ 30
amp)
1 - Adjust-A-Volt type T502U variac (240/280 volts/ 28 amps)
1 - Powerstat 3PN116C 140 volt/ 10 amp variac- has been internally modified
to use as a phase adjuster in a synch RSG, but can easily be changed back
to the standard 120 volts in/ 0 -140 volts out.

CAPACITORS:

2 - #31350 Maxwell 100 kV, 0.1 uFD pulse caps (real nice!)
1 - #31892 Maxwell 45 kV, 0.03 uFD pulse cap
1 - # C414N High Energy 42 kV, 0.0275 uFD (x 12) pulse cap
(this is the one that I have been using in my coils - very nice Tesla cap!)
2 - ( 1 Maxwell #33504, 1 NWL #10257) 10 kV, 100 uFD energy dis-
charge caps - a must for that quarter shrinker, about 140 lbs. each.
1 - Chicago Condenser 60 kV, 0.018 uFD pulse cap, PN? - must be polyes-
ter diaelectric as it gets hot pretty fast in Tesla use but may make a
decent filter cap for a small HVDC supply.
12- GE #42L4102 3000 VDC/ 750 VAC, 0.1 uFD snubber caps - these
are rated 15 amps RMS each and are excellent MMC caps!
25- York 240 VAC, 15 uFD oil-filled PFC run caps
2 - 370 VAC, 100 uFD oil-filled PFC run caps (currently used in Tesla
control panel for the synch RSG phase shift adjuster)
5 - various MOT caps - 2000 to 2500 VAC, 0.85 to 1.0 uFD

TRANSFORMERS:

1 - 10 kVA, 14,400/ 240 volt pole mount distribution transformer w/ 2 HV
bushings and an externally attached 15 kV rated lightning arrester - a
must for that high powered coil! ( about 285 lbs.)
2 - GE 1.5 kVA, 7200/120 volt butyl potential transformers - one has a
single HV bushing, the other has 2 HV bushings.
2 - Magnetek 15 kV/30 mA NSTs - they're a little rough looking exter-
nally, but neither are open circuit on either of their HV bushings.
3 to 5 - various sized MOTs

MISC:

1 - 225 amp Lincoln Arc Welder - used in my control panel as a ballast for
the 10 kVA pole pig.
1 - 5 3/4 lb.* spool of #19 AWG green enameled magnet wire
1 - 7 1/2 lb.* spool of #24 AWG magnet wire
1 - 8 1/2 lb.* spool of #28 AWG magnet wire
11-stackable hockey puck style 5 kV, 2 amp diodes

* - includes the weight of the plastic spool.

about 18 ft. of 75 kV rated, shielded HV x-ray cable, 18 ft. of Romex
shielded 12-3 house wiring, and 18 ft. of 1-0 welding cable.

And a completed large Tesla primary/ secondary coil:

Primary coil - 12 spirally wound turns of 5/8" OD copper tubing w/ appr.
1/2" spacing and the innermost turn dia. at 14" and the outer-
most (12th) turn dia. at about 40" mounted to 8 pieces of
2" white PVC tied down with plastic cable ties.

Secondary coil - 1230 turns of green enameled #19 magnet wire close
wound for 48.5 linear inches on a 12.75" dia X 53" long
gray PVC duct pipe w/ multiple coats of Minwax Spar
urethane.

The primary/secondary coil assemble are mouted to a 1 1/2" thick X 30" dia
urethaned pine wood table top w/ all of the necessary holes for wiring pre-
drilled.

Also have a Landgren bulk buy 9" x 30" spun alum. toroid w/ one dent in it
from a spill. And last (but not least) a Bill Wysock built 3600 RPM, 480 BPS
salient pole synchronous rotory spark gap system. This is a professionally
built
phenolic/ tungsten electrode RSG system which is designed to handle up to
15 kVA. It has (8) 1/2" dia. tungsten-tipped brass rotory electrodes and 4
stationary electrodes of the same composition as the rotory electrodes. Mr. Wy-
sock charges over $1300 to build one of these beauties!

I'm wanting to sell all of these aforementioned items for any reasonable
offer as
either individual or multiple item purchases. I wanted to give you list
members the
first crack at these items before turning them over to ebay. I may have a
few more
items of interest not mentioned above that I would be willing to sell, too ;^)

I am located in the Memphis-metro area of SW Tennessee, so it would probably
be worth the drive for any serious coiler residing in just about any part
of the south-
central US who's looking for that "motherlode" of Tesla/ HV stuff. I can
also ship
most of this stuff (w/ the possible exception of the pole pig) anywhere in
the US,
if you'd like. Of course, it will all be sold on a first come, first serve
basis, so if
anyone have any inclination that they would like to get ALL of it in one bulk
purchase, I would strongly suggest not delaying :^) I can probably send a few
pics of the stuff, if desired.

If interested, please contact me off-list at: tesla729-at-cs-dot-com

Thanks,
David Rieben