Re: 44 inches with 450 watt NST

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <dhmccauley-at-spacecatlighting-dot-com>

Wow.  44 inches.  That blows the John Freau spark length formula out of the
water.
And to think you did it with a 7.5kV/60mA transformer.

Do you have any pictures of this coil in action???

The Captain

 > I would say that a 44 inch spark with a 450 watt NST is very good output.
 > However, if you want to fool around with the "what if's" you may want to
use
 > the JHCTES Ver 3.3 computer program.
 > This program automatically does the calcs to keep all the parameters in
tune
 > when you make changes. The program is used on line and does not have to be
 > downloaded. Click on
 >
 >     http://www.mgte-dot-com
 >
 > Click on "Tesla" then "JHCTES",
 > Click on the JHCTES Ver 3.3 program at the bottom of the Book page.
 >
 > Start with the following inputs
 >
 > Primary  .0302 uf,  5.5,  0,  4.43
 >
 > Secondary 1.75,  1233 turns,  71.25,  0,  26.4 pf
 >
 > These inputs will give you the outputs you have described, like 176 KHZ,
 > etc. Changing the inputs will give you dozens of other TC combinations.
The
 > TC system will always be in tune with the outputs that are shown by the
 > computer.
 >
 > John Couture

New