Re: More power, fewer turns of primary?

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <teslalist-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Esondrmn-at-aol-dot-com>

tesla-at-pupman-dot-com writes:

>Is it a general rule that the more power you put in, the fewer turns on the
>primary you have to use? I ask because i am running on a 12/60 nst now and
>i had to add 5 extra turns (and they hang off the side) to my primary, and
>i want to make sure i won't have to add any more (i am getting another
>12/60 nst soon, for 12/120).
>
>Thanks
>
>Adam

Adam,

In general, no.  The resonant frequency of the primary and secondary should
not change as more power is added.  In real operation, you might find that
a larger ion cloud on the toroid causes the resonant frequency to be a bit
lower (more primary turns), but not by much.

Ed Sonderman