Re: angle grinder RSG mounting

Original poster: "BunnyKiller by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <bigfoo39-at-telocity-dot-com>

Tesla list wrote:

>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Hhchicken1-at-aol-dot-com>

>Hi everyone,
>I have a cheap handheld angle grinder and have made a Tufnol disc with brass
>bolt electrodes - does anyone have any idea how to mount the grinder securely
>enough that it won't vibrate and end up hitting the flying electrodes with
>the the stationary ones?
>
>Thanks for any help,
>Henry Hallam

Hi Henry...

I would try finding some longer screws that would match the same screws
(thread wise)  used to hold the grinder together and make a bracket that
would conform to the shape of the grinder at the points where the screws
are inserted into the grinder.  In effect,  you would be "bolting" the
brackets to the grinder and hold it together at the same time...
another thought would be to make brackets shaped to conform to some of
the flatter features of the grinder and use some automotive type of band
clamps ( the kind that tighten up with a screwdriver)  to tighten up the
brackets around the grinder.

Scot D