Re: control panel

Original poster: "J. B. Weazle McCreath by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca>

At 04:10 PM 12/10/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<steve.tami.andrews-at-att-dot-net>

>looking for drawings sites or anything on construction of a control
>panel for 15kva pdt in coil use...thanks

Hello Steve, Coilers,

Although a properly designed and built control panel is a nice way to
go for most people, I chose the modular approach for my setup.  Using
heavy duty, commercial grade connectors, my "controller" consists of
a number of individual parts that can be interconnected in differing
configurations depending on my requirements.  The contactor box with
its low voltage "firing switch" is separate from the variac, which in
turn is separate from the ballast, allowing me easy re-configuration.
This is all wired for 240 volt operation, but should I need to power
an NST or other 120 volt transformer, I've a 2:1 isolation transformer
module that I can plug in which takes care of that neatly and quickly.
Since my coiling activities are evolving, it's nice to be able to make
changes in the setup without having to rebuild or modify the controller.
Sorry I've got no pictures, but I hope that my description is helpful.

73, Weazle, VE3EAR/VE3WZL
G-1#1214

Listening: 147.030+ and 442.075+
E-mail:    weazle-at-hurontel.on.ca