Re: Mini VTTC--Possible tubes?

Original poster: "David Sharpe by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <sccr4us-at-erols-dot-com>

Matt, Carl, All

Another excellent mini-VTTC tube is an 807 (6.3VAC fils) or 1625 (12.6VAC
fils).
Use in same sweep tube circuit previously mentioned.  Plate P ~ 30W, Vbb +750V
Vsg +300V.  One tube single ended about 90W out, 2 in push-pull will net about
100W.  Actually successfully ran 6 807WA (ruggedized 807) as 3 in parallel x 2
banks push pull at 800V.  600W input, about 450-500W to resonator to drive
a IR laser tube (yes it worked by at <10micron pressures  :^?)  got on a video
around here somewhere...  About 1 1/2" - 2" plasma torch style discharge
(lot of
heat!!!)

Regards
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR