Re: strap primaries

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Goinbonkers-at-aol-dot-com>

Hi Greg,
  While you are right about the turn-to-turn voltages not being so high, there
would still have to be some point in the primary that has, as you suggest,
40kV  on it.  The corona losses may not be to the next turn, but to the
air/ground from that point.  The larger radius of curvature helps prevent THAT
loss.
Mike