Re: Secondary Wire Gauge

Hi,

The wire gauge determines the turns per inch and eventually how many turns your
secondary has.  That determines its inductance.  But as long as the inductance
works for your system you can use any gauge you want.  #22 to #26 is the most
popular.  I try to use #24 for everything so I can by it in large quantity and
always have plenty around.  Less than #22 gets a little hard to wrap and
greater than 26 starts to make too many turns in most cases.

Cheers,

        Terry