Re: gap material

I have enjoyed the posting on Am241 in a spark gap. all the good points are
true, but  but   but a radio avtive spark gap will not turn off in 1/2 cycle
of power. It remains ionized for 2-3 cycles of 60 Hz. In will conduct until
your NST goes up in smoke. This is experience speaking. Thorated Tungsten is
not a problem it works well. The low radio active source will not keep going
   Robert  H