Re: Bart's Coil

Hi John,

Ok..  I don't have a generator on site, but no worrys, I used Terry's TCT
to feed a signal into the
primary (another use for the little beast). I then used my scope to find Fo
and Fs with top load
removed. Signal came up nice and strong. The scope is analog (counting
squares and ticks). I spent
quite a while back and forth with the measurement to be as accurate as
possible. Here's the data.

Fo = 68.493 kHz (7.2 sq. -at- 2us/div)
Fs = 69.444 kHz (7.3 sq. -at- 2us/div)

Using, K = sqrt(1-(Fo/Fs)^2), then K = 0.165 and Lm = 653.52

The fact that the difference between 7.2 and 7.3 squares happened to be
exactly what I measured
previously is odd coincidence (since my eyes can't accurately go to a finer
detail). However, this
method obviously works just fine as long as the user can see the difference.

It would be more accurate with a scope that can capture the signal and not
be dependent on my eyes. If
I can grab a better scope from work this week, I'll give it another go.

Take care,
Bart
--
Barton B. Anderson
http://www.classictesla-dot-com

Tesla list wrote:

> Original poster: "John H. Couture by way of Terry Fritz
<twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <couturejh-at-mgte-dot-com>