Re: HEI Coil vs standard

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Hollmike-at-aol-dot-com>

Ahh, another post brings up old memories.  I took an Accel coil apart.  I never
did anything with it afterward, but I wondered if it would make a cool mini
Tesla coil.  It sure seems like it might, although I think it would have to be
immersed in oil.  The core was easy to remove and it looked to be fairly easy
to set up as a Tesla coil.  I wish I still had it.  I didn't have the means to
measure inductances in the 'old' days and at the time, decided a trial and
error process of finding the right primary capacitance would be too much
bother.  Aside from that problem, it would probably make for a neat little
'ready made' coil.
Mike