Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 11:47:48 -0600
:
From: "Ed by way of Terry Fritz <terry-at-hot-streamer-dot-com>" <edtrind-at-hotmail-dot-com>
To: terrellf-at-qwest-dot-net
Subject: Bleeder Resistor check
:

Hi Terry,
I checked my bleeder resistors on my MMC this morning.
I am using the same ones as you from Digikey.
My MMC consists of 5 strings of 14 Panasonic caps.
I measured 2 resistors from each string (in circuit).  All measurements were
within the range of 9.38-9.49 M-ohms.
I also measured the total resistance of the MMC .... it calcs at 28 M-ohms, and
measures 27 M  .... same as it did the day I made it.  Measured with DMM.
My MMC has seen 115 minutes of use with a 12/60 NST (and I believe  managing to
suck more out of the NST with my new Vac. gap..   ..Input current to NST is
13.5 amps (panel meter), 140 Volts).
The caps do get noticeably warm.... measured external cap case temperature at
107 degrees (non precision measurement) after 5 minute runs, so I imagine the
insides are warmer.
Hope this helps, and hope things are well with you,
Ed T.