Ryan's Coil = Salvaged :-)

Original poster: "Ryan Ries by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-uswest-dot-net>" <spud-at-wf-dot-net>

	Okay, it looks like I live on to coil another day.  I'm not sure what all
was said about the thicker PVC and absorbing more RF, but I was able to
completely sand away the carbon track and reveal fresh PVC underneath.  I
then applied a new coat of polyurethane to the inside of the form. It's
drying as we speak...

	So now I salvaged the coil, but I desire to find out what is truly wrong
with the system and make this coil work.  Starting with the ballast.  I
have no powerstat/variac.  I had one for the 120v power for the neon sign
transformers, but I have no idea how I'm going to get a 240v 10kva
powerstat for the pig. ($$$) I have been using microwave oven transformers
as ballasting, some fuses, and a master switch.  The extension cord used to
transport the power is that oilfield stuff made with 3 6-gauge conductors
coated with HEAVY insulation.  We lucked out by having a relative that
works in the oilfield.

Just don't tell me to tap my primary in any further. :-)

-- Ryan Ries