RE: NST protection

Original poster: "Lau, Gary by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <Gary.Lau-at-compaq-dot-com>

Any filter configuration, whether L-C, R-C, or L-R-C, depends upon the C
being just that.  If there is a lossy (i.e. resistive) component within the
C, then the filter operation is compromised.

If you suggest the specific configuration that a lossy cap would be used, I
can be more specific about what problems would be encountered.

Gary Lau
MA, USA

Original poster: "by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>"
<Cydesho-at-aol-dot-com>

I was wondering why the idea for using lossy caps for NST protection. I'm
not
defending it or anything. I'm sure many of you guys know way more than I do
about this stuff. I was just curious about the principles that would not
allow this to work.
 Justin