Re: suggested capacitance

Original poster: "Mark Broker by way of Terry Fritz <twftesla-at-qwest-dot-net>" <broker-at-uwplatt.edu>

Hi, justin

The Geek Group has a pretty thorough MMC Design chart that basically takes
all the work (fun?) out of it.  Check out:
http://thegeekgroup-dot-org/Sales/MMCsales.html

For your coil, the most cost-effective Geek GRoup MMC would actually be a
slightly-LTR cap using one string of 10 caps.  10 caps is about as low a
voltage rating as I'd recommend for 15kV, and would reduce the
resonant-rise condition for a truely resonant cap.  If you build a 120BPS
SRSG/TG in the future, add a second string of caps :-)

Mark Broker
The Geek Group's Chief Engineer