magnetic quinching

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone out there knew anything about magnetic
quinching of a spark gap. I have read some brief references to this
in some old (turn of the century) literature on Tesla coils. It seems
like someone mentioned this just a few days ago on the list and it
aroused my curiousity. It does seem like this is a relatively unex-
plored territory in the modern Tesla community and maybe, with the
NIB rare earth magnets that are available today, it would be worth
looking into.

Pondering,
David R.