GMHEICSLR

    Greetings All!

Ah, the GMHEICSLR,

  I was just wondering...since I'll now have a tiny bit of free
time to tinker with this "thingey", has anybody else gotten close
to Terry's record?  13+" is quite a feat, I'll admit.  I'm staring
doubtfully at the cube in question as I type...The core is to be
ground and removed tomorrow, and the "high-voltage-in-a-small-home"
container for it to be started.  Good thing these are only ~$15,
'cause it looks kinda frail to take a big discharge across the
primary.  But they're epoxy potted, so it should take a bit of a
beating.

My questions...
  What is the inductance of the primary?  I've not got the tools to
measure it :(
     Ditto on the secondary...

  I'm assuming the first turn of the secondary is connected to
the - terminal (just like a can-type ignition coil).  Should I
expect some nasty kickback from that leg?

   I've carefully constructed a nice HV rectifier (read soldered
50-70 diodes/resistors).  Would throwing an orphan 30kv500pf cap
across the HV out give it a little protection?

   For extra "voltage creation", will my spare MMC caps works
nicely in the role of a voltage doubler/quadrupler/octupler?

  And Terry, in your pictures, is your topload a metal toilet bowl
float?! (if it is, I been doing janitor work too long!)

  Lastly, I'll happily assume the "mad doctor" face as I do the
"emperical" testing and throw the joules to it.  Burn, baby, burn!

                                                Not a serious
contender...yet....
                                                     Sundog