Re: Can I touch my Tesla ?

Hi TruckDrivingMan,

        See:

http://www.pupman-dot-com/safety.htm
http://users.better-dot-org/tfritz/site/safety/safety.html

Although there are a few folks who play directly with their coils, the practice
is HIGHLY discouraged!  It takes a lot of knowledge and experience to do it
with any safety at all.  "Theoretically" it may seem kind of safe but there is
a lot that can go wrong.  The primary coil arcing through to the secondary coil
has killed a couple of people.

Brent Turner, Dean Ortner, and Robert Krampf do it all the time but they have
about 70 years of expereince between them.  Many of us have touched the output
and lived but there is always a change "lightning could strike" and something
bad could happen.

Over the years, the more I learn about Tesla coils, the further back I get :-))

Cheers,

        Terry