Re: Can I touch my Tesla ?

> I'm just wondering if I can touch my Tesla coil without being
electrocuted.The
> frequency is ~205 kHz,the output voltage (according to some computer
programs)
> is 200-300 kV.Power supply is a 7,5 kV NST with 1,7 kW.The cap has 15
nF.Spark
> length is 40 cm.I heard something about a so-called skin effect.

The short answer: No. You should not touch the Tesla coil unless it is off.
You will
undoubtedly hear that it CAN be done and YOU will need to decide if it
SHOULD be
done. Take it from a pro: Don't try this a home, there are too many things
that can
go wrong and the Internet is no place to learn about them all.

Jeff Parisse
www.teslacoil-dot-com