Re: Thin wire for secondaries, was form material

Hi Sue and Ralph,

Kapton tape or the generic brand "Polyimide Film Tape" is great stuff for
all kinds of Tesla coil tasks.  -100 to +500F will not shrink, fall off,
arc through.  Great silicon adhesive will always pull off when needed.
Indefinite life.  We use it wildly at work.  It's holding a number of space
craft together...

Like all good things in life, DigiKey sells Kapton tape too.  Page 522 -
Scotch 5413 Polyimide Film Tape.  Have your credit card handy! :-))

3M541334-ND  36 yards of 0.75 inch wide $33.49
3M541312-ND  36 yards of 0.5 inch wide $22.74

Cheers,

	Terry

At 08:31 PM 7/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Ralph,
>Kapton tape is the stuff they use in winding high quality high voltage
>transformers and inverter transformers. It has excellent high frequency and
>high voltage properties and is very expensive. A capacitor made with this
>stuff would be much smaller than one made with LDPE with the same voltage
>and capacitance rating (Yes it is available in sheets). For more info check
>out:
>http://www.dupont-dot-com/corp/markets/aerospace/products/kapton.html

snip...