Re: Microwave Oven Caps

Hi Tom,

	I don't really know right off...  Normally we want the nice low
dissipation poly caps but ten microwave caps are pretty big and could
dissipate a lot of heat on a small coil...  I guess I would be reasonably
worried with a 1.3KVA coil.  If they are free or low cost there would not
be harm in trying.

You say you will us a lower value lower voltage cap to go from 90nF to
33nF.  I don't think that works??  If you series a 90 nF and 52nF to get
33nF and put 10kV across them, 7300 volts will be across the 52nF cap.
Perhaps I don't see what you mean there...  Your transformers may be able
to charge the 90nF cap as is.  The resonant value of 30nF can be pushed
much higher...

Cheers,

	Terry