The big bad Mark III

Hi again list!

I am about to begin scrounging parts for my 3rd tc, which I am affectionately
calling the Mark III (real original name eh?). There is good reasoning behind
this though: When I was into building Van De Graff generators it took me three
attempts to truly get it right. My first tc was a tiny (1.5" diameter) coil
that I played around with to get the feel for HV (1" streamers), my second coil
was a 4" diameter coil that I threw together just to see if I could make it
work, and now I am going to build a somewhat decent coil (I hope). Anyway, a
few questions.

   I  was considering going to the ends of the earth and back for 2 15kv 60mA
NSTs, but then I realized that, assuming 100% efficiency and 0% losses this
would draw 15A - not too good for a 15 circuit in the house :-(  In the end it
will depend on what I can actually obtain - I am hoping for 15kv 90mA total at
least. I am not asking anyone to waste their time doing the calculations for me
(there are plenty of programs to do that...) but can someone point me in the
direction of what I would be looking at in way of a cheap MMC? I am looking for
cheap caps that will handle the current and voltage at about 0.025 uf I think -
I just want to know what type of caps I should be looking at and how many. I
was going to go with the typical 1/4" copper tubing for my pri. coil until it
occurred to me today that copper ribbon would be more compact and perhaps
easier to mount - along this line: Where could I get some? Is it cheaper than
tubing? does it suffer from corona problems? and how do I figure out it's
inductance? Cost is the biggest concern (I am saving for college). Finally, my
planned secondary is 6" od pvc wound 24" long with #24 enameled wire, does this
sound ok with the above system?
I hope to design this coil to be fairly compact so I can take it with me when I
leave home. My last one was huge (for a small coil), having been built with the
tank circuit inside a TV stand and lots of bottle caps.. Thankyou for any help
you can provide.

Regards,
Troy Peterson [VE7SOK]
<mailto:troypete-at-sunwave-dot-net>troypete-at-sunwave-dot-net
<mailto:highvoltage-at-mad.scientist-dot-com>highvoltage-at-mad.scientist-dot-com