[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Spark Gap: Flat vs. Cylinder

Hello All,
	I'm planning on building a Flat spark gap using the following design:

_______________
|OOOOOOOOOO |
|_______________|

	Using this design, i'd have my actual copper tubes enclosed on the
top, bottom, and sides. On the back side, i plan to put in a series of fans
to blow into the apparatus to cool it off. The side plates ensure that
airflow will go in one direction and flow throughout this apparatus.
	Does anyone know if this design will work on the same or better level
as the Cylindrical gaps? this design, though a little more costly, will be
easier to build, and will be way easier to clean out.. airflow through it
will also work out pretty well because like the cyclindrical design, the air
has one way in and one way out.
thanks.
alan