[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Spark Gap: Flat vs. Cylinder

This sounds similar to my gap of last year.  It works well but the cooling
fans will be a BIG plus.  See the instruction graphic at:

www.peakpeak-dot-com/~terryf/tesla/misc/terrygap.jpg

for details and ideas that my help your design.  I glued the pipe sections
with epoxy and used layers of paper as spacers between the sections while
the epoxy cured which makes spacing the sections very easy.  There was a
lot of discussions on what the optimal spacing should be.  I think 7 mil
was about the best.  Also note that I could easily alter the firing voltage
by moving the sorting bar which I really liked.

Cheers,

	Terry