[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 43" First light! - Dead Transformers :-(

At 02:46 AM 9/19/98 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Tony Lekas <tony-at-lekas-dot-org>
SNIP..............>
>The gap appears to be working reasonably well.  We had a scope hooked to a CB
>antenna.  The gap was firing once per 1/2 cycle.  There was so much noise
on the
>scope that it was hard to tell how well it was quenching.  We will be
working on
>the instrumentation, maybe a current transformer on the primary.  The coil
>performed much better with the air on so that seemed to help quenching.
>
>    Tony

Hi Tony,

	If you have a 50 ohm load on the CB antenna, it will eliminate most of the
unwanted noise and increase the bandwidth of you antenna system.  I would
just get a BNC female to two BNC male "T" adpater and stick a 50 ohm BNC
termination to one male and hook the other male end to the antenna.  This
will place 50 ohms across the antenna coax just before the signal enters
the scope.  All these parts can be found at Radio Shack for about $5.

	Terry